Welcome to West Fork's Guidance Counselor!
These visits will be during midday (11:30-12:15). They will be in the conference room in the office. If you are unable to attend or have missed one of the colleges that you are interested in, see Mrs. Weiner and she will get you the information from the college. This is a great opportunity for you to speak to schools about programs they offer and ask any questions you may have. These visit dates will also be on the announcements. See Mrs. Weiner for any questions!
West Fork K-12 School Counselor
(641) 822-3234 ext. 1205 or (641) 892-4461 ext. 1105
West Fork's Counselors' Mission Statement
The mission of the West Fork School counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. We, as school counselors, are professional advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians, students, and the community, we will facilitate the support system to ensure all students in the West Fork Schools have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at their highest potential as productive members of society. We will encourage students to embrace learning as a life-long process.
West Fork Counselors' Belief Statement
- Reaches every student K-12;
- Is comprehensive in scope;
- Is preventative in design;
- Is developmental in nature;
- Is an integral part of a total educational team for student success;
- Is implemented by a credentialed school counselor;
- Has a delivery system that includes school guidance curriculum, individual planning, responsive services, and system support;
- Measures both process and outcome results, monitors student progress, and analyzes critical data elements, to drive program decisions;
- Seeks improvement each year based on data;
- Services are conducted in an honest and caring fashion, while maintaining confidentiality and integrity of all individuals;
- Shares successes with educational team.